Presenting to you the stars of our maiden photo contest!
After a week of heightened activity on our social media platforms (Twitter and Facebook) and on the Indigenus blog, here are the seven finalists of the Nature India photo contest in no particular order of merit:
1. ‘The Indian jugaad’ by Mahendra V. Mahagaonkar, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Read more about the story behind this picture here: NI photo contest: Finalist #1
2. ‘Wherever you go…we follow!’ by Harsha Dilip Pednekar, Belgaum, Karnataka, India.
What’s the thought behind this picture? Read here: NI photo contest: Finalist #2
3. ‘Ecological Sciences in India’ by Prasenjeet Yadav, Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
Read what the picture tries to portray here: NI photo contest: Finalist #3
4. ‘Bio-light for better tomorrow’ by Mahesh S. Chavadar, Pune, Maharashtra, India.
What does this picture say? Read here: NI photo contest: Finalist #4
5. ‘Astronomy meets engineering’ by Dipankar Ghosh, Oakdale, Minnesota, USA.
The story behind the image is here: NI photo contest: Finalist #5
6. ‘Let there be light’ by Rahul Dev Mukhopadhyay, Trivandrum, Kerala, India.
What does this picture depict? Read here: NI photo contest: Finalist #6
7. ‘Hybrid happiness’ by Aditya, Bhagalpur, Bihar, India.
The picture tells a tale, read here: NI photo contest: Finalist #7
Nature India‘s editorial and design team will chose one lucky winner among these final seven. The winning image will be featured on the cover of one of our forthcoming print publications. The winner and two runners-up will receive a copy of the Nature India Special Annual Volume and a bag of goodies from the Nature Publishing Group.
Nature India‘s final decision to chose the winning image will be partly influenced by the engagement and reception it receives here at the Indigenus blog, on Twitter and on Facebook. So feel free to promote, share, comment and like your favourite entries with the hashtag #NatureIndphoto. Make the best photo win!
The winners will be announced on September 29, 2014.