1. Report this comment

    Adhikarla Rao said:

    Currently, a candidate with a Post Graduate Degree and a pass in the written examination in the concerned subject conducted by the CSIR-UGC NET or SLET is eligible for a lecturers-redesignated as Assistant Professor’-Post, both in colleges and in Universities. Many research scholars pursue their PhDs after fulfilling the above qualifications and often after clearing the respective institutes entrance examination in addition. Hence research scholars pursuing PhD should be given emoluments equivalent to that of an Assistant Professor in a regular public institute.