Our readers are constantly telling us that they need to keep up to date not just with papers in their field, but also the broader scientific news, including critical science policy matters and important research outside their immediate interests.
So, for decades, Nature has kept readers informed with award-winning journalism and in-depth comment and analysis, both in its weekly print edition and online. More recently, we’ve supplemented our reporting with podcasts and videos – all aiming to help busy researchers keep abreast of the wider scientific landscape.
We’re now pleased to announce another service to help our readers keep up to date with general science news: the Nature Briefing.
This daily roundup provides researchers with an essential wrap-up of the best science news and analysis, curated by Nature’s news team – from both Nature and beyond. The Briefing will also offer a summary of the week’s need-to-read stories.
As some readers might know, we recently launched Recommended to help researchers keep up to date with the primary literature in their field of interest – where we know that they spend about 60% of their reading time. Nature Briefing, we hope, will complement this: for the remaining 40% of researchers’ time where they want information on general science news.
We look forward to working with the research community to develop Nature Briefing into an essential part of our researchers’ working lives.